A durable carbon black mixture, a well regarded puncture protection system and DuraSkin-anti-cut fabric turn the GatorSkin, formerly known as Ultra GatorSkin, into a real long distance runner.
- Folding tyre
- Work as training for road races or for sportives and audax
- Durable, tough tyre at a really nice price
- A modern tread design that collects less debris
- 180 TPI
- Weight: ~350g
PolyX Breaker Technology - With their PolyX Breaker, Continental bring PKW know-how to the bike tyre arena – Polyester has been used successfully for years in car tyres and been tried and tested many times. The extremely resistant polyester fibre is woven tightly crosswire making a very high fabric density which not only makes the Breaker more resistant to foreign objects, but is also resistant to punctures. The rolling resistance is not effected either by the PolyX Breaker.
DuraSkin - Tyres with DuraSkin sidewall protection have to roll with the punches. These tyres are used in the harshest conditions. On messenger bikes, on epic travel bikes crossing continents without wearing through and in professional cycling they have to endure tough tests such as Paris-Roubaix.
The high-quality polyamide fabric reliably protects the casing of the tyre and protects the tyre from the worst conditions. These tyres stand out with their brown sidewalls. The slick natural rubber tread is designed to perform well in wet/wintery conditions.
- The market leader amongst road bikers for puncture protection and great service life
- The reptilian design sets the tone for eating up those miles!
- Excellent puncture protection thanks to PolyX Breaker puncture protection insert
- Extremely long service life through wear-optimised tread compound