In late 2000, Stan developed a method of converting an existing mountain bike rim and tire to tubeless use. By removing the traditional tube and replacing it with a molded rubber rim strip to seal the spoke bed of the rim and a liquid tire sealant to seal the tire and prevent punctures, a whole world of opportunities was created.
Converting existing wheels and tires to tubeless ...
- costs hundreds less than other dedicated tubeless sytems.
- reduces tire rolling resistance.
- improves traction, comfort and control of the bike.
- allows for incredible puncture protection and reduced pinch flats.
- can reduce rotating weight where it matters most, the outside of the wheel.
Stan's Tubeless Conversion Kits contain everything you need to convert an existing tube-type mountain bike or cyclocross rim and tire to tubeless use.
- 2 molded rim strips with integrated valve
- 1 Pint of Stan's Tire Sealant
- 1 roll of Universal Kit Tape
- Detailed installation instructions
- NoTubes decal
- Puncture resistance
- Seals existing holes
- Reduce wheelset weight
- Reduce rotating weight
- Faster rolling tire
- Lower air pressures
- Better traction
Applicable rims and wheels include but are not limited to: